Monday, January 23, 2012

Homework Board 1/23-1/27



Dear Middle School Parents,

Thank you so very much for the generous holiday gifts. I plan to use the Amazon card to get some music I had when I was a teenager. And perhaps a fabulous scholarly book on the ancient world! Thank you. I am grateful beyond measure! And especially, thanks for everything you do to help me help your child.


Molto Grazie,
Gwen Minor

“I will prepare and some day my chance will come.”---Abraham Lincoln
This has been one of my favorite quotes and has guided me in difficult times. It is a very positive message about working hard and knowing that your time will come eventually.

Mrs. Minor’s 7th grade students are preparing for the Tuesday, March 6th California Writing Standards Test. They have learned how to write a variety of Narrative Essays, Descriptive Essays, and Expository Essays. February is reserved for the learning of Persuasive Essays. A good way to help your child is to ask him or her to show you the Essay Writing unit booklet, which shows the structures we are using. Help with Response to Literature (an expository form) can be as simple as talking to your child about character, setting, theme, literary techniques, and lessons learned from any story we have read. This will develop their thinking skills and help them to respond when the time comes.